Death From Above!


Sorry, had to use that heading as it's a Games Workshop classic! I have had this quite wonderful Warhammer 40k box set sitting around since christmas and I want to give a quick update on progress. I will do a far meatier blog post in time to cover this but I wanted to give a taster on how it's been going.



The Stormraven and Stormtalon were actually really fun to build. Lot's of moving parts and plenty of weapon choices. The data slate is really quite potent as well. This formation will be coming on the board at the same time and will be shooting at BS5 against ground targets! I love this thematically too. The idea of the formation coming on the table with a Stormraven filled with Veterans, a Chapter Master and a dreadnought is so awesomely fluffy I just can't wait to try it out. Do need a dreadnought though! This fits perfectly with the tactics I imagine my Crimson Minotaurs adopting, it remains to be seen how competitive it will be!

Here are a couple of shots. More photos to come.





I have been having a lot of fun with PVA glue and some simple rubble for an easy urban base design. Can't wait to paint these up. I do need some more chaos black spray as I am out right now.





Show comments