2013 Tactical Squad Box


I'm very impressed with the new tac box GW released last year. It must be a difficult design brief to refresh a line of miniatures that are so iconic that there is little room to be too creative. However the sculptors have done a great job incorporating armour and levels of detail that we usually see from the Forgeworld Horus Heresy line. From the looks of things the Vanguard and Sternguard boxes take detail and options to a new level too, I can't wait to get my hands on those chaps.

I have been working on my back-story and after a few test paint jobs have settled upon almost reversing the Minotaurs colour scheme by taking the red shoulders and using that for the power armour whilst subduing the bronze/gold to edges and details. I have always wanted a bright marine army after all.



Fitting with Puppetswar parts.






As I mentioned in my previous post, the bull shoulders size up well next to standard marine pads however they sit slightly higher on the arm. Some of the tactical marines appeared fine however I did clip down the shoulders of others I was not completely happy with.


As a set they look very strong. I was tempted just to give them to veterans initially but decided to go the whole hog for a unified look. I did however think the spartan style helmets would do an excellent job of making the veterans stand out.





Also picked up a can of Mephiston red spray which will make the paint job much much easier ( I don't yet own an airbrush).


I do have many painted up now and I'll make a blog post showing step by steps and the completed look. I also have several more units planned and I want to get some Crimson Minotaur back-story down on paper to share. A custom chapter master with personal biography and unique model is definitely on the cards.

Let me know if you have any questions, like and share and stuff.

Take care!
Show comments